I have been wanting to do a wine tasting here on the blog and write short, one paragraph reviews of the good wines I enjoy at home. It's no secret to those who know me that I like to pair my dinners with good wines several times a month, and that I have my opinions when it comes to them. I'm no wine expert, but over the years I have come to trust my palate to guide me to good, decent wines and to steer clear of the ones that leave a bad taste in your mouth.
This is what the parameters will be for my wine reviews so that you can better understand what I like.
- I will not present sweet wines because I don't like them.
- I will review red, white, and rosé varieties as I see fit.
- I won't write bad reviews, because it's not what I do here on this website. Bad wines that I encounter won't make the cut.
- I will stick to wines with an alcohol content between 12% and 14%. These are the ones I prefer, because overly alcoholic wines aren't pleasant to me.
- As to the grape varietal, I like a large spectrum of them and blends made with them, from around the world, so it will be a delicious odyssey of my preferences.
- I'm not too fussy about having a particular wine glass for a certain varietal. Don't be surprised if you see stemless glasses, goblets or antique glassware for these posts.
- Wines that I review will not be more than $15 per bottle. I have come to realize that it isn't necessary to spend a large amount of money to drink a wine that is quite decent and of good quality.
What I hope to do with these reviews is let you in on what we like here at home and have you try them for yourself.