Mother’s Day is right around the corner and we must not forget our dear mothers or the mothers we know. My mom is such a modest person that she is content with a simple phone call from her sons on her special day, but I always do a little something extra which shows how much I appreciate & love her. I’m fortunate that I have such a wonderful mother who continues to teach me, make me laugh, and listen to whatever dilemma(s) I happen to have at the moment. Her advice to me is something I take seriously because she comes with years of experience and generations of wisdom. If I have a baking question, who but my mother to turn to?
Two words: Thanks Mom!
For this month’s crafting project, we thought it would be nice if a handmade Mother’s Day card found its way to your dear mom. All of us can find & purchase a multitude of cards at stores that have generic messages & imprinted images on them, but why not create something that’s a little more personal? With a few simple tools, a little time and a bit of imagination, you can construct an adorable card unlike any other. Add a personalized message on the inside and you have something that mom is going to truly cherish.
Craft your Mother’s Day card today.
Celebrating Mother’s Day is something I enjoy more with every year. It’s a time of thinking back fondly on memories from days and times gone by and imagining what new memories there will be to make. As it would be, celebrating Mother’s Day can be quite difficult when trying to celebrate from different states. Even so each year, making a special card to mark the occasion is always a priority.
- Begin with a 6.5" x 5" pre-scored card. I used an Ivory colored card stock.
- Using a printed piece of colored card-stock, cut out a 6" x 4" piece, I used a Daisy print piece of card-stock.
- Cut out a 5.5" x 3.5" piece of white card stock.
- Using a corner edge punch, punch out all four corners of the white piece of card-stock.
- I used the “you make my heart flutter” stamp from the Butterfly Magic Stamp set from Fiskars and in the lower right corner of the white card stock, stamp and heat emboss in gold.
- Using double stick tape, attach the white piece of card-stock centered onto the printed piece of card-stock.
- Attach the two pieces of card-stock centered onto the pre-scored card.
- Using Stickers from the K&Company Floral Butterfly Grand Adhesions Sticker set, decorate with three butterfly stickers attached here and there on the card.
click on the link above
Post a Comment
Thank You for Posting!